Full Job Description
The Food Attendant shifts start as early as 5:30am.
This position provides guests with leading edge food service while achieving the highest levels of service in a professional, safe and efficient manner. The hours of work and scheduling will be maintained as set forth in the Collective Agreement.
_Applicants must be able to provide own transportation as buses are not operational this early and must be able to work a variety of shifts which include weekends and holidays._
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and displays food items
- Refreshes all food and beverage items as needed.
- Laying table linens, setting tables, filling beverage containers, displaying food items and preparing coffee and tea for guests.
- Assembling and disassembling tables and chairs for food service and all other pre-meal and after-meal duties.
- Ware washing, general clean-up of kitchen, public food area and meeting rooms.
- Assists with banquet events when required
- Clears all dishes, food items, tables and clean area for next meal.
- Maintains all kitchen equipment and storage areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Creates a positive hotel image with every guest interaction
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 1 year serving experience in a busy environment.
- Proven customer service abilities
- Good verbal communications skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry large/heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout the shift
- Good organizational and multi-task skills.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Unionized hotel
In keeping with provincial guidelines, in order to be eligible, a candidate does need to be fully vaccinated.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-32 per week
Salary: $14.58-$16.08 per hour
- Day shift