Full Job Description
Welcome to the Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland in the heart of Downtown St. John’s. In addition to 301 guestrooms and a wide range of amenities, the Sheraton Hotel St. John’s offers a total of 18, 201 sq. ft. in meeting and events space and is steeped in history, built on the site of the old Fort William at the base of Signal Hill. The hotel blends elegance with the vibrant and colorful atmosphere of one of the oldest cities in North America.
We are seeking a qualified Banquet Porter. This is a Part Time permanent position. We offer an attractive wage, Marriott branded training within a combination of e-learning modules and Team Member training. Uniforms provided, vacation, bi weekly pay days and Instant Pay. Perks also include Marriott's Explore program which offers associates discounts on Hotel rooms along with Food & Beverage discounts while traveling on leisure. This perk can also extended to your Family & Friends.
- Heavy lifting required to set up meeting space as per clients specifications
- Involves moving stacks of chairs, tables, Banquet bars, back bars
- Set, vacuum, clean are meeting space areas.
- Break down of meeting space and event areas.
- This is a physical work load
- Also assists as require with the following:
- To ensure tables are properly set with linen, cutlery, dishes, glassware and condiments, for service of banquet function;
- To serve food and beverage at banquet function;
- To ensure coffee breaks, etc, are on time;
- To maintain Hotel standards at all times;
- To upsell wines/beverages;
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
- High School graduate;
- Previous experience in a similar environment, an asset;
- Must have excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Service Standards as relating to Banquets required.
- Must be in excellent physical condition; Heavy lifting is required with this position
- Must be a responsible, organized individual who can work with minimum supervision;
- Must be honest, reliable and dependable and practice good hygiene;
- Must demonstrate behaviour consistent with core values;
- Must be a team orientated individual with good interactive skills.