Full Job Description
- To provide first point of welcome for guest in arrival process
- To carry luggage, park cars (both standard & automatic) and give directions to guests;
- To promote the hotel and its facilities;
- To promote city and surrounding area as an attractive tourist destination
- To maintain orderly appearance of lobby and front desk area;
- To ensure prompt delivery of faxes and packages and to ensure proper logging of same.
- Other assigned tasks;
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
- Minimum of Grade XII or equivalency required;
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook Express
- Knowledge of French, an asset;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and know how to drive a standard shift vehicle with a minimum of two (2) years with no driving infractions; Copy of a clear driver’s abstract is required.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 pounds’ weight
- Must have an outgoing personality and feel at ease when interacting with guests;
- Knowledge of front desk operations and OPERA an asset;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Above average customer service and up selling skills;
- Must be in excellent physical condition;
- Must be a responsible, organized individual who can work with limited or no supervision;
- Must be honest, reliable and dependable and practice good hygiene;
- Must demonstrate behavior consistent with core values;
- Must be a team orientated individual with good interactive skills.
- Must have a good knowledge of Newfoundland, particularly St. John’s (i.e. restaurants, entertainment & activities planned for the city, information on places of interest that guests may want to visit, etc.);