Full Job Description
Food & Beverage Server
Clancy’s Kitchen & Bar Comfort Hotel
A server can make or break a dining experience! We’ve all been there and had a lousy meal made worse by a lousy server. Experienced servers know how to engage with clients, make them feel at ease and ensure that the dining experience is memorable. Eating out is a privilege and we are always respectful of those who choose to spend their money with us! Our company philosophy is tied to taking care of the million little things and most people are particular about where and what they eat - we are intent upon exceeding expectations.
Key Objective: To ensure everyone eating with us has a terrific experience. We are proud to have an awesome kitchen team and as a server you won’t face an unhappy guest due to food quality. Excellent client service is what matters the most to us.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take reservations for the restaurant and record them accurately
- Greet and seat guests sharing any features and perhaps your own favorite. Become well versed in the menu and the dietary restrictions we easily accommodate.
- Become well versed in the efficient use of Pixel
- Prepare the restaurant for service at the end of each shift and ensure your co-worker has left the restaurant ready for service from the shift before. This includes general cleaning and re-stocking.
- You must close out all your transactions after each shift and prepare a float for your colleague.
- Be prepared for beverage service and ensure you have a good understanding of the inventory as well as how to mix drinks and portioning of wine
- Must be over 19 years of age and be able to lift food trays as well as beverage trays.
- Must have an out-going and pleasant personality to easily communicate with team members and guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the City and be able to provide directions and/or highlights for any tourists visiting.
- Be prepared to wear a company supplied uniform and keep your personal grooming neat and tidy at all times.
- Must be available to work all shifts including evenings and weekends as business volumes dictate
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Salary: $14.46-$15.46 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL A1A4Y3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-08-01
Expected start date: 2022-08-01