Banquet: 1 year (Preferred)
Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity? We have one for you!
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Supervisor for our property!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Food and Beverage Supervisor position will be responsible for overseeing all food and beverage operations, including the breakfast area and the banquet department.
There are great perks such as
- the people you work with
- opportunities for career growth
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Additional days off with pay
- Marriott hotel stay discounts
- Meaningful and fun work
Major Responsibilities and Duties (to fulfill major purpose):
- Oversee food and beverage operations, ensuring all breakfast and banquet service details are executed.
- Preparation of food for banquet functions.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Catering team and the breakfast team to ensure quality service is provided.
- Take an active role in the training and development of new and existing associates in order to provide exceptional quality food and customer service.
- Ensure Marriott and SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts core standards and service standards are maintained and followed at all times.
- Anticipate and tend to all guest needs as they occur. Also resolve escalated guest concerns.
- Communicate areas of problems and concerns to the Operations Manager and/or the Manager on Duty.
- Reinforce a high standard of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety standards.
- Assist with maintaining proper liquor controls.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are being met at all times.
- Ensure equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Place food and beverage orders with suppliers for all functions and breakfast area.
- Prepare schedules and keep within budgeted payroll.
- Ensure all meeting rooms are cleaned and prepared for functions
- Performance manage and deliver performance reviews for food and beverage associates
- Other related duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate completion.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to recognize and correct guest service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image.
- Ability to work based on business levels, which may include days, weekends and evening shifts
Experience, Training and Education (demonstrating requirements):
- 2 years of food and beverage/banquet experience required.
- Culinary Certification an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- What is your availability for working? The position can be scheduled as early as 5 a.m. depending on the needs of the business.
- Banquet: 1 year (preferred)
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person