Guest Service Representative (Part Time)
Must be available weekends and evenings.
Looking for mature individual.
Must be able to complete full training prior to being scheduled shifts.
Ensures guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest.
- Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using upselling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; becomes informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift.
- Checks guests out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to guest requests promptly; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Books guest reservations or coordinates with reservation center & Sales office.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Issues, controls and releases guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Health and Safety:
- Follow hotel safe work procedures and policy, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Know and comply with all Occupational Health & Safety regulations, as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ministry of Labour.
- Report all injuries or illnesses to a supervisor or manager immediately.
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee by bringing health and safety concerns or issues to the attention of the committee.
Internal: Engineering: To relay guest needs for service.
Accounting: To seek credit approval for payment processing.
Housekeeping: To verify room availability.
Food & Beverage: To relay information or assist guests.
External: Hotel guests : To sell and provide customer service; to resolve problems.
Transportation Companies: For guest transportation, Lost Bags,
Local Businesses : To provide information for guest and
Education/ Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and some customer service experience.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None.
Typing & computer skills
Knowledge of Property Management Systems( OPERA ), Mitel PBX, Holidex reservations, Ving card, CHASE payments
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
May be asked to work overtime.
Physical/ Cognitive Activities:
Guest Service Representative
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to operate at the front desk while providing a variety of hotel services for guests, therefore a significant portion of the workday is spent speaking, listening, moving about while standing.
The vast majority of time is spent interacting with guests of the hotel, typically while standing up. This person also types or uses a keyboard to coordinate hotel services for the guests.
This position utilizes problem solving and reasoning abilities often. Must be able to make clear, quick decisions.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized often in compiling guest registration information or accounts, and completing cashier reports.
Mathematical abilities, including basic math are utilized when handling departmental monies, guest accounts or the cashier bank & float counts.
- Reports to: Guest Services Supervisor
- Job title also known as: Front Office Agent, Guest Service Representative
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.84-$17.94 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL A1B 2N2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)