Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Room attendants have an important role within our small team. We have approximately 35 Associates working together to provide guests a memorable experience. Room Attendants contribute to the consistency of departmental and brand standards by cleaning stay over, vacant and check out rooms.
We are hiring room attendants that can work mainly weekends and a few shifts during the week.
If you enjoy cleaning, working in a job that keeps you moving and meeting new people everyday in an environment that is safe and respectful this job is for you.
The Room Attendant is responsible for maximizing guest satisfaction and loyalty through the cleanliness and overall appearance of the hotel, guest rooms and corridors and through positive interactions with guests. They are passionate about serving others and working as a team with associates from all departments.
- Clean rooms, storage areas and corridors to achieve standards of cleanliness
- Ensure guest rooms are comfortable, inviting and clean
- Report any found property following the lost and found procedures
- Ensure the security of keys, company information, guest information and guest rooms at all times
- Understand and practice the correct usage and storage of cleaning agents in line with health and safety regulations and manufacturers’ instructions
- Replace dirty linens in guest rooms and replace with clean linens
- Make beds, mop, clean windows, sweep, vacuum, mop, dust, polishing, clean tubs, clean toilets and sinks, remove trash
- Recycle bottles, cans and paper products in accordance with policy
- Be aware of the action to be taken in the event of an emergency such as fire in accordance with procedures
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service working within the guidelines set out by procedures and the brand.
- Responding to and anticipating guest needs such as responding to special requests or VIP rooms. Follows through on guest requests and takes action immediately
- Treat each individual with respect and fosters a cooperative, productive, positive and respectful work environment
- Provide information to guests about local attractions, services, hotel services, hotel facilities and other amenities
- Attend meetings as required and recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation
- Provides a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts and the Brand to the public by consistently demonstrating SilverBirch Values (Engagement, Quality, Performance, Integrity and Growth) and Brand Values
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 - 32 per week
Salary: $15.81-$17.31 per hour
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Are you able to clean a guest room in 30 minutes? This includes cleaning the bathroom, dusting, and changing the linen on the bed.
- Are you able to work regular weekends?
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person