Full Job Description
The Housekeeper/Rooms Attendant is responsible for maintaining a clean and appealing guest room according to policy and brand standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Change bed linen daily.
- Vacuum carpeting.
- Dust all furniture (picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TVs, dressers).
- Remove fingerprints and smudges (i.e. mirrors, shiny surfaces, windows, etc.)
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom area—wash shower stall, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Make sure that the brand standard room set-up is complied with.
- Report all damage found in a room immediately.
- Report all missing items in a room and any personal guest items found in vacant rooms immediately.
- Notify housekeeper of al roll-a-ways or cribs in rooms for pick-up and storage.
- Responsible for pass key and ensuring it is turned in daily.
- Ensuring all “lost and found” items are turned in to Housekeeping Manager or Front Desk immediately.
- Shut off all lights, TVs, and air conditioners when leaving room.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager with any additional cleaning chores that may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used by guests visiting the workplace.
- Mental effort required in multi-tasking and handling interruptions that require refocusing.
- Listening and mental attentiveness in tasks assigned by Housekeeping Manager.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Use of cleaning chemicals
Type of Supervision Required
Reports to the Housekeeping Manager. Works under general instructions to prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
In our commitment to provide a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Canadian Human Rights Code. Any special accommodation needs required in order to allow you to participate in the hiring and employment process to your full potential can be arranged in advance by contacting the Hiring Manager to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.