Adelaide's Newfoundland Honey Inc.
- Tour Operator
This Eco-Agri-Tourism experience offers something for everyone – education, research, tourism, agriculture and our Newfoundland heritage.
Located ten minutes from downtown St John’s, in the heartland of the agricultural belt, the reserve is inland away from the ocean coast which provides a micro-climate where honeybees and native pollinators can forage earlier for longer periods of time.
The Honey Bee Hike
A sweet Newfoundland experience. Come explore a unique outdoor adventure. Each visit to the reserve is different and you may experience the following:
• Honey bees and native pollinators foraging on wildflowers. Observe them returning to their hive with pollen and nectar.
• Learn the fundamentals of low impact beekeeping.
• Open up a beehive and taste real honey right out of an active beehive.
• Walk our wilderness trail where you may see grouse, rabbits, waterfowl, songbirds in a protected natural habitat.
• Learn about Newfoundland wildflowers and our boreal forest.
We are now taking reservations for small groups of 4 to 8 people.
Tours are offered Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 9:45am-12:00 pm and 1:30pm-3:45pm.
Adults – $48.00 HST included
Children under 14 – $20.00 HST included
Hikes will run from June 1st until October 15th and hikes will proceed rain or shine. To reserve your honey bee hike please contact us through email.
Honey For Sale
Raw Fireweed and Wildflower Honey of the highest quality micro-harvested directly from the beehive to you. We only take surplus honey and leave plenty for our bees.