Gillespie House Tourist Home, Fortune Harbour was originally built by Captain John Gillespie in the 1800's. He tragically died while captaining his fishing schooner in Labrador. The crew preserved his body in salt and returned him to Fortune Harbour. After his death, his wife and family moved to the States, and the house was vacant for several years. One of his sons, Patrick, who had fought, was injured and survived World War 1 returned and restored the old home. Today, rich in history, the Gillespie House operates as a Vacation Rental with 3 bedroom and 3 1/2 bathrooms. Guests can enjoy a fully equipped kitchen and a large glassed great room that overlooks the Harbour. Sit, enjoy the view, read or enjoy wifi television. Feast on our complimentary homemade bread and jam.
Exit the TCH at exit 22 to Route 350 and continue on 350 until Northern Arm where the road merges to Route 352 and continue 52km to Fortune Harbour